Delayed Audio during playback

TKBeats

Howdy folks! I've got a question about recording MIDI drums.

I recorded MIDI drums with an Alesis Command electronic drum kit using the Drum Kit Designer. When I record the MIDI notes they are right on the grid, even without quantizing. However, when I play back the track the sound is delayed. I tried all three MIDI mapping options (GM, GM + Mod wheel, and V-Drums), I've tried recording in low latency mode (Record -> Low Latency Mode √). I also tried lowering the buffer size as if I were recording acoustic drums and still no change. When I use the electronic drums with Ultrabeat Multi-output or Drum Machine Designer there is no delay with the audio. I was really hoping to utilize the drum kits in LPX with the edrums, but I'm stumped on this one. 

I also recorded the audio straight out of the drum brain (stereo L - R) for shnitz n gigglz, which worked fine, but the Alesis sounds are not much better and you loose all the editing flexibility and endless sound possibilities from using MIDI. Has anybody else had this problem or know how to resolve this?

I am using the drum set designer sounds. I tried using both the producer kits and the regular drum kits. LPX seems to record all the MIDI notes with no problem (correct channels + velocity), but for some reason the playback sound is off. Almost like there is a pre delay reverb instead of the original source. 

Manage Logic Pro input monitoring latency - Apple Support

If the input monitoring sound is delayed (latency), it makes it quite difficult to record. Particularly with pre recorded tracks. This is different. If I program MIDI drums in DKD with the pencil or brush tool play back is fine, but when I record the MIDI notes in real time with the Alesis drum kit, the play back is delayed. Is there a different or better way to record the MIDI notes to be used with DKD vs just drawing or painting notes in?

1 hour ago, TKBeats said:

but when I record the MIDI notes in real time with the Alesis drum kit, the play back is delayed.

Ok, now you're talking about recording latency. So the note you hit on the drum kit is coming back delayed, right?

Do you have a latency-inducing plugin somewhere like an Adaptive Limiter or Multipressor?

• Like 1

Yes, exactly. However this is where I'm left scratching my head. During the recording process everything sounds fine timing wise. It is only during playback where the delay occurs. At first, looking at the Drum Kit Designer there are no extra plugins, until I unpack them. The routing to me makes no sense, and turning off these plugins has no affect on the playback delay. I tried changing the sends but that did not work either. Even the Aux channels have no plugins?