Remove automation "ramps" when using the marquee? [SOLVED]

Danny Wyatt
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Doing same here gives slopes that are one tick long, or half a ms (roughly) at 90 bpm. Is a slope that short a problem to you ? Consider you can't have the points at the exact same time, and half a ms isn't a long time ?

Edited by JakobP
  • Like 2

• Solution
3 hours ago, Danny Wyatt said:

Is there a way to disable this behavior?

No. The behavior is intended to avoid abrupt parameter changes that could result in audible artifacts. 

As Jakob pointed out, an automation parameter can have only one value at a time, so that means it needs "some" amount of time to ramp up or down from one value to another. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JakobP said:

Is a slope that short a problem to you

If we consider this issue here, it is:

Other than that, it isn't. I don't even get stuck on the grid anymore. I've been producing as loosely as possible when it comes to that kind of thing. But for the issue on the topic I shared, it's significant, especially if you don't pay attention, move regions and suddenly your automation curves are reset...

9 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

No. The behavior is intended to avoid abrupt parameter changes that could result in audible artifacts. 

As Jakob pointed out, an automation parameter can have only one value at a time, so that means it needs "some" amount of time to ramp up or down from one value to another. 

Check my reply above 👆

6 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

I understand that this may create issues in some applications but there's no way around it. 

In this case it's more about the bug I showed on that topic. Hopefully Apple will be able to fix this eventually. It's not a consistent behavior and I don't think it even makes sense that it resets the curve if the node is outside the region. Do you agree? Do you also experience this with version above 10.6.3?

I will report this to Apple now.

Edited by Danny Wyatt

• Danny Wyatt changed the title to Remove automation "ramps" when using the marquee? [SOLVED]