Can’t change the guitar sound in the library.

Beebeesmith
Go to solution Solved by JakobP,

So I select a guitar sound from the library, it changes the name on the channel strip as it should and as it’s always done but the sound doesn’t change. Select a distorted guitar for instance but the sound is just like a regular guitar, no mater what it’s changed to the sound is always the same, can’t change it, despite the description changing on each occasion. 
Closed Logic down and reopened, no change. 
Just opened another project I’m working on and it’s exactly the same as above,  I was surprised by that. 
Never had this before, it’s one of the things that’s always worked. 
In the attached photo you can see how a distorted sound “American Stack Crunch” is selected in the library for demonstration and it shows in the channel strip but the sound is just a plain sound more like “New Wave Chorus” immediately below the “American Stack Crunch” channel strip. 
My computer is a brand new Mac Studio so I wouldn’t expect a problem there. 
Any ideas please. 
Sorry won’t alow a photo to be uploaded, to big 🤷‍♂️
Gordon. 

Hello Beebeesmith !

You can do Shift+Command+4 to select a portion of the screen and  post it here.

Looks like a corrupted preferences file so at first, close Logic and move the preferences file to the trash and test with a fresh new project. If the issue remains, then I would move Logic Pro.app to the trash and reinstall Logic from the App store.

Edited by stratquebec