Stop returns playhead to beginning of project, Cycle won't stay on

Il-Logical
Go to solution Solved by Il-Logical,

Hey guys,

I'm going nuts. I have NOTHING checked under the Play button options, I have "Stop" checked under stop button options. But when my track is playing, hitting the stop button or space bar returns the playhead to the beginning of the project. In ALL of my projects. 

Also, I can't toggle Cycle on. It just flashes yellow and turns off (might be related). Started a new project from blank template, does exactly the same thing. 

Help?

Hey David,

Thanks for the reply. No I can't, but there's even more to this thing. When I click "Record" or press R, the armed track records for a split second, then stops recording and playback continues. It also double-plays the first click of the metronome (like a flam). 

I thought maybe sync issues, but the clock is set to Internal, and it does it this regardless of which interface I'm using. It seems like there's an "event" at the beginning of the timeline. But it's doing it in blank projects. 

10 hours ago, Il-Logical said:

Sorry. Disconnecting everything. So it's likely hardware related?

Yes. If you want to tell the culprit, try reconnecting your devices one by one until you find which one is responsible for the behavior, then we can use MIDI Monitors to tell what data the device is sending that creates that behavior, and adjust the settings on that device to stop the behavior. 

• Solution

You guys are awesome. Thank you.

It was my Alesis DM10 drum module. And once I unplugged it and plugged it back in, the behavior stopped. If it crops up again I'll try MIDI monitoring to determine why it's behaving that way. 

Thanks so. much for your help, everyone!

• Like 1