Put other keys on midi

KJJO

Hey guys,

I really hope you can help me. So I want to play other notes on my midi, which only has 15 keys. I can basically only play C2 up to C3. That's how it's set from the beginning. How can I play the rest of my piano roll on my small midi keyboard ie how can I put notes that are further down on my midi?

Cheers

Kevin O'Sullivan

On 8/13/2022 at 9:15 AM, des99 said:

They are realtime MIDI region parameters. The original notes are recorded, and those parameters get "imprinted" onto the data as it plays back in realtime. There is a simple command to burn in those settings onto the actual MIDI data if that is what you want.

How would you do if the performance to be recorded is spanning over more than the 2 octaves of the OP’s keyboard range?

Edited by Atlas007

29 minutes ago, Atlas007 said:

How would you do if the performance to be recorded is spanning over more than the 2 octaves of the OP’s keyboard range?

The OP only has two octaves, so they are not able to perform 3+ octave performances. However, they ca easily transpose those two octaves up and down where it most makes sense for the sound they are playing (eg, transpose down 2 octaves for a bass part, and record that, for example).

This is what we are recommending using MIDI defaults/region parameters for, transposing the two octaves to the desired range.

Thanx @des99 for your patience.

Considering that one would sometimes prefer more freedom when inspiration arises, I am submitting here my Environment suggestion for those using a limited range MIDI device to perform with.

Hoping that same will be useful to someone...

Transposition Environment for LPH.zip

Edited by Atlas007
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

Hoping that same will be useful to someone...

Very nice work @Atlas007 ! Nicely documented and nice interface, easy to use and with the possibility to create octave +/- remote buttons on your controller. 😀

Could you also upload it in the Environment forum? That way it won't get lost in the Shuffle. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Very nice work @Atlas007 ! Nicely documented and nice interface, easy to use and with the possibility to create octave +/- remote buttons on your controller. 😀

Thanx David for the kind words!

4 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Could you also upload it in the Environment forum? That way it won't get lost in the Shuffle. Thanks!

Roger Wilco! (…asap)

• Like 1