Re-Amped guitar signal is being heard and recorded earlier than original DI track (early, negative latency?)

Grewvz

I use Logic Pro X 10.2 with my Apollo x8, and I use the Console App for monitoring. I have previously recorded DI tracks for guitar that I was planning on re-amping later.

The problem is, when I use either the I/O utility or a regular old line-out to send signal to my re-amp chain (re-amp box, hardware pedals, amp, microphone into Apollo), the output of that signal is always ahead of the rest of the tracks. I can hear it during playback and I can visualize it by looking at the recorded waveforms.

Nor the "Latency Offset" feature in the I/O plug-in or the "Recording Latency Offset" in Logic settings seem to be working properly. I've tried pinging for latency inside the I/O plug-in and offsetting that as a negative value in the recording settings to no avail.

Any insight on the issue would be greatly appreciated. I will add that my interface uses an ADAT clock and I did change the sample rate of said clock in between two sessions, but I since changed it back to continue working on this session. Prior to this change, I re-amped guitars with no latency issues whatsoever.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I'm seeing the same problem. It's like Logic overcompensates. Because the compensation is always wrong, it's hard to tell what Logic is doing. For example, it's hard to tell if it applies the reported latency for the interface when the offset is zero. If I put in a negative offset, that helps, but the maximum negative value you can enter is -500, and I'm seeing an error of more than that.

Has anyone ever been able to get the I/O plugin to work properly?