Folder stack not muting all tracks?

Danny Wyatt

• David Nahmani changed the title to Folder stack not muting all tracks?
2 hours ago, stratquebec said:

Maybe because there is no M besides S on the Synths channel

That's because when I press MUTE on the Folder Stack, it starts flashing and so when I took the screenshot it got the moment it wasn't visible. I didn't see that. But that's what's weird, because if the Folder Stack is muted, and everything is inside, shouldn't it just mute everything? Why is it muting everything, but then the aux isn't...?

1 hour ago, Danny Wyatt said:

ecause if the Folder Stack is muted, and everything is inside, shouldn't it just mute everything? Why is it muting everything, but then the aux isn't...?

Yep I think so but if Mute is flashing, it means there's a track that's soloed somewhere, isn't it? What happens if you un-soloed that track? 

If you have problems finding that track, maybe this could help.

Edited by stratquebec

15 minutes ago, stratquebec said:

Yep I think so but if Mute is flashing, it means there's a track that's soloed somewhere, isn't it? What happens if you un-soloed that track? 

If you have problems finding that track, maybe this could help.

Unfortunately, there's no soloed tracks at all. I have the mixer set to All. I even removed those red crossed S tracks (Solo Safe), but no luck:

mixer-no-soloed-tracks.thumb.gif.dc6861b977eebd70d35137c9c2e89616.gif

To make it easier, here's the project:

Solo Issue.zip

I was testing with a new project and imported it without importing the folder stack and it got really weird: the bass track became a stack so it had Sampler playing the bass:

bass-as-folder-stack.zip

One thing I noticed is that when there's a folder stack, and you have a normal track and also a summing stack, when you click Mute, it will flash the M buttons on both the normal tracks and the summing track (not the tracks inside the summing track, though). Super weird...

folder stack mute.zip

• 1 month later...

@Danny Wyatt if you turn on "VCA" in View->Channel Strip Components you will see that the tracks inside the summing stack which is in the folder stack are not assigned to the Folder Stack's VCA. If you reassign them, the issue is gone.

The question is: Does this happen when you create the summing stack inside the Folder Stack? In that case this would be a bug in Logic I guess.

Or, how else did you put that Summing Stack into the Folder stack?

Edited by polanoid

12 hours ago, MSX said:

yes this is a bug, have to drag outside the folder stack then drag back in. Fixes upon dragging back in. 

I just tried this, dragging a summing stack (with missing VSA assignments for the contained sub tracks) outside a folder stack and back in does not fix the VCA assignment.

Edited by polanoid

• 1 year later...
On 10/3/2022 at 6:50 PM, MSX said:

yes this is a bug, have to drag outside the folder stack then drag back in. Fixes upon dragging back in. 

Thank you thank you thank you! I was going absolutely nuts trying to figure out why my main track automation or mute/solo wasn't being picked up by all of the tracks within the folder stack. I figured it was some sort of complex routing or grouping situation until I read this thread and realized it might be a Logic bug. Dragging the problematic tracks out and back in again fixed the issue - now everything works as expected!