Routing issue with separate headphone mix

alexe

Hey guys, the following routing issue is driving me crazy:

I have my normal stereo output on output channels 1 and 2 and I'm using output channels 3 and 4 to have a separate headphone mix on my RME Babyface. The Babyface also canonically uses outputs 1 and 2 as the main stereo output and 3 and 4 for headphones. So, whenever the Babyface is connected to my MacBook, I have my separate headphone mix on channels 3 and 4 and all is well.

However, whenever I'm on the go and plugging my headphones directly into my MacBook, there are obviously no output channels 3 and 4, and thus my headphone output channel strip in Logic Pro becomes inactive.

If I had complete routing freedom within Logic Pro I would just route my headphone mix to output channels 1 and 2 and my main mix to output channels 3 and 4, but I've read in some other thread here that it is a known issue in Logic that essentially the main outputs need to be 1 and 2.

Does anybody know how I can best solve this issue?

I can't be the only one who's using separate main and headphones mixes and wants to listen to their headphone mix when on the go.

Edited by alexe

I think you need one aux for main mix and another for headphone mix, set up something like in my screenshot... You can use the I/O plugin to reroute the signal from the HP mix to stereo out when needed...

EDIT Or simply set the output of HP Mx to stereo out...

247805476_HPMixtoStereoOut.thumb.png.0983f4db17cadb335cbe75cac0372d90.png

Edited by JakobP
  • Like 1