5.1 documentary mix Export help!!

tyerac

Hi everyone. I'm working on a documentary and now being told it needs to be delivered in 5.1. I'm aware of the export settings between interleaved and split, making sure surround is checked etc, but my question is how do i convert one of the effects tracks (Mostly crowd noise for a DJ scene) into Rs & lS (right surround/Left surround) and get the dialogue into the center only channel? The issue is my room is not set up for 5.1 so cannot monitor live, but wondering if the binaural plugin can help me there so i can at least monitor on headphones?

Anyone mixed and outputted/bounced a film in 5.1 from logic, who is willing to help?

Thanks in advance 

Just like you could pan any source in the stereo field and end up with that source only in the left speaker (panned hard left) or the right speaker (panned hard right), you can pan any source in the surround field and end up with that source only in the desired speaker. Here's for example how to pan a source only in the Center speaker: 

image.png

... and here's how to pan it only in the Ls and Rs speakers (note the muted front speakers, just click the speaker symbols to mute them):

image.png

I recommend using a surround Level Meter plug-in on the Surround Master channel strip to double check that you've properly routed each channel when you solo them:

image.png

• Like 1