Never Crying Wolf Boy - a synthy, sample-y pop slice!

grumblepig

This song is from an album I released earlier this year. The song is my homage - loosely, at least - to the band New Musik, whose music I only discovered recently. Lots of Prophet 5 here, plus Moog Grandmother - a potent pairing. And lots of samples. The drums are sampled from Michael Urbano's kit. There are no "real" drums on this album, but Urbano has played on many of my records and it was easy to find some nice bits to steal. The guitars are also sampled. The backwards lines are from Donald Ross Skinner, Julian Cope's erstwhile right-hand man. The twangier parts are samples of my Danelectro. The horns are stock Logic, I think from the Studio Horns option. There's a bit of CP70 in there, from the Pianoteq plug. Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Wow this is really, really good! Love it! 😀 Thank you for sharing. That's 2/2 you've shared that I really like, I guess now that's official, I'm a fan of your music!

I love that high note you hit on the beginning of the descending melody in the pre-chorus. 

Really appreciate this David! This song started out on acoustic 12-string, so a funny jump to such synth-i-ness, maybe. And this is a very "Logic-based" tune in that the structure was moved all around... choruses cut or extended, verses moved from there to here etc. 

• Like 1