No sound from Behringer ADA8000 in Logic Pro X

O66
Go to solution Solved by triplets,

I just bought a used ADA8000 to expand my Behringer UMC1820. I've connected the ADA with an optical cable from the outof the ADA, to the UMC in and set the clock on the back of the ADA to 44.1khz so that the ADA will work as master. Everything shows up on my screen and in the audio/midi setup the clock is set to optical in ADAT/SMUX and all tracks from the ADA are visible. The tracks all show in Logic too but I get no sound when I enable record on a track.

I't actually worked once in Reason, When I first loaded it up and checked the tracks in the preferences, but the next time it didn't work. In Reason there is also a meter showing that audio is coming in.

On the ADA I get a signal.

Greatful for any help in the matter

/Otto

2 hours ago, triplets said:

That could be the spdif input.

Quite likely, given the fact that Logic reports 18 inputs. The 8 regular inputs and the 8 ADAT inputs make only 16. The screenshot from Audio/MIDI setup also shows the two SPDIF inputs "sandwiched" between those.

Solved!

Thanks! I didn't take in account the two "sandwiched" spdif-channels, so starting with input 11 in Logic it worked. I had quite a loud hum though which kind of vanished after a while. It's still there but quiet.

But the main problem was solved thanks people!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 3:20 AM, O66 said:

I just bought a used ADA8000 to expand my Behringer UMC1820. I've connected the ADA with an optical cable from the outof the ADA, to the UMC in and set the clock on the back of the ADA to 44.1khz so that the ADA will work as master. Everything shows up on my screen and in the audio/midi setup the clock is set to optical in ADAT/SMUX and all tracks from the ADA are visible. The tracks all show in Logic too but I get no sound when I enable record on a track.

I't actually worked once in Reason, When I first loaded it up and checked the tracks in the preferences, but the next time it didn't work. In Reason there is also a meter showing that audio is coming in.

On the ADA I get a signal.

Greatful for any help in the matter

/Otto

HI- Today is 9/25/22 I have this exact set up i'm trying to make work. I am running OS Monterey , UMC1820, older ADA8000. Are you using just one Optical cable? Here's where I am stuck at the moment-When I go to Audio/Midi set up for the UMC in the Mac and change it to Adat/SMUX , all the channels disappear and Logic pro doesn't see my UMC anymore. ? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you. Marty