Unwanted fixed velocity in one songfile only

JWMusic

I've done a thing and can't work out how to undo it. This is specific to one songfile only. All is well if I start a new file. In the songfile where there's a problem Midi velocity is hitting logic correctly. I can see this in the LCD. However, all midi is recorded at a fixed velocity of 22. This is the same for any instument. There are no plugins on the channel and Quick automation access is off. Any help would be gratefully received.

Macbook Pro M1 Max

64GB Ram

Logic 10.7.4

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I agree that would certainly explain it. I'm reworking an old file where I would defintely have had some environment stuff going on. For example I cabled a controller to use the mod wheel to control velocity whilst recording. I used to have to go in and reset the cables to make that work so I can't imagine how it would have kicked in by itself. The issue came on suddenly rather than from when I started using the file. Also I'm also not sure how to access the environment layer in the newer version of logic.

I've imported everything into a new songfile which has resolved the issue for now, so no mad panic. It would be useful to work out what the problem was and how to resolve it in case it happens again.