Plug-ins muted/not loading

Ceeteefl

Hello all,

I am running a Mac Studio with Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1 and logic 10.7.4

Everything has been going great but all of a sudden I am having plug in problems. For some reason they’re muted, but it’s intermittent. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn’t. 

The plug companies I primarily use are waves, fab filter and soundtoys. Although I do use others as well. 

any ideas of what could be going on?

Edited by Ceeteefl

• Ceeteefl changed the title to Plug-ins muted/not loading

Thanks for the reply, David. 
I was trying to share a outcries but it won’t upload cause it’s too big. 

I believe they’re disabled. 
when a plug-in is loaded on the channel strip it’s blue with white letters. But I’m getting some that are blue with muted/ gray color letters. It’s weird. On 1 channel my RVOX plug-ins works fine. On another channel it is disabled and not working 

Just now, Ceeteefl said:

it won’t upload cause it’s too big. 

Make sure you take screenshots in the manner I described here (don't try to upload photographs of your screen). 

1 minute ago, Ceeteefl said:

when a plug-in is loaded on the channel strip it’s blue with white letters. But I’m getting some that are blue with muted/ gray color letters. It’s weird. On 1 channel my RVOX plug-ins works fine. On another channel it is disabled and not working 

Ok so they are disabled indeed. If you start playback, do they resume working? 

Check Activity Monitor - how's your memory pressure (Memory tab, graph at the lower left).

Also check your Logic performance meters, and do a reboot as well just in case something is flaky on your machine that needs a reset.

Do other projects perform badly, or just this one?

Edited by des99

Just now, Ceeteefl said:

Unfortunately that didn’t change anything. 
Everything is running very choppy and slow. Seems buggy. I keep getting the spinning wheel too. 

very weird because everything was running flawlessly and it seems overnight something happened 

Another way to disable plug-ins on a track is to Option-click the On/Off button on the track header. Is it possible that you may have done that? 

In any case: 

1. In the Tracks view, press Option-T and select On/Off.
  2. Make sure the On/Off buttons are all turned on?
  • Like 1