Using Sampler Mod Matrix I am trying to modulate the LFO Rate

Bcraig_music69
Go to solution Solved by polanoid,

8 hours ago, polanoid said:

What do you want to modulate the LFO rate with? In your screenshot you have chosen the LFO itself as source, which I guess isn’t what you want?

That's a good question - from what I the OP describing and what I see in the screenshot, it feels like you might want "Mod Wheel" in the source column and "LFO Rate" in the target column. "Via" should be set t' "--".

I think that if you want to hear the LFO effect, the latter has to modulate something audible (such as volume, pitch or pan, etc) on an instrument which timbre last long enough. The LFO parameters (amplitude, rate, etc)  has to be proportionally set as well... Too little amplitude could be inaudible, too fast rate as well.

As a test, change the 3rd line (in your picture) as follow:

• Off/On = On
  • SOURCE =LFO1 (leave it as such)
  • TARGET = Pitch (that is something easily audible)
  • AMOUNT= 100%
  • VIA = leave blank (remove the ModWheel)

How does it goes? Do you hear the pitch modulating and the variation going faster and slower?

Edited by Atlas007

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 11:56 AM, polanoid said:

What do you want to modulate the LFO rate with? In your screenshot you have chosen the LFO itself as source, which I guess isn’t what you. 

I thought by modulate the LFO rate I could use the mod wheel to control the speed of a sample if that not the right thing please let me know what will do that and how to set it up Thanks guys for all Your help

1 minute ago, Bcraig_music69 said:

I thought by modulate the LFO rate I could use the mod wheel to control the speed of a sample if that not the right thing please let me know what will do that and how to set it up Thanks guys for all Your help

In that case the modulation source would have to be the mod wheel 

• Like 1

• Solution
48 minutes ago, Bcraig_music69 said:

Can this control the speed of a audio sample? Or is there a better way 

see I have a 3d wheel that comes in fast and then slow down to a crawl then stops so I am looking for the right control where I can do this  like foley in real time 

OK so you just want to control the playback speed (without modulating the pitch I assume) of the sample via the mod wheel, right. No LFO necessary then. First of all you need to switch on the Sampler Zone's Flex button image.png.a44775005afdc1faacb38f1603a0773c.png. Then you have to route the Mod Wheel to modulate the Flex Speed like this image.thumb.png.cfdb702a6d37257b776cca827c0cf794.png

and you're all set.

Edited by polanoid
  • Like 2