How to get notes shorter than a sixteenth to display in score view?

Dox

How to get notes shorter than a sixteenth to display in the piano roll score view or the score editor?

I have just found Functions>Note Attributes>Independent>Independent in the Piano roll Editor. Is this the solution?

Edited by Dox

8 hours ago, Dox said:

How to get notes shorter than a sixteenth to display in the piano roll score view or the score editor?

I have just found Functions>Note Attributes>Independent>Independent in the Piano roll Editor. Is this the solution?

Set the quantize value in the region inspector to e.g. 128 et voilá:

image.png.1281d515ef00ca04fbecdc6cdb27cd08.png

image.thumb.png.40ace788855b6c57b0b3ca196c11e05a.png

Edited by polanoid
  • Like 1

Thank you Polanoid.

This certainly works very well.

Presumably the Default is 16. Is there somewhere that I can change the Default to 128?

It seems strange that the Score Editor defaults to a 16th note display limit and the Piano Roll Editor displays all notes correctly.

9 hours ago, Dox said:

Presumably the Default is 16. Is there somewhere that I can change the Default to 128?

I'm afraid my knowledge of the Score editor is too limited to answer this

9 hours ago, Dox said:

It seems strange that the Score Editor defaults to a 16th note display limit and the Piano Roll Editor displays all notes correctly.

Well technically speaking it is impossible for the Score Editor to display note lengths as correctly as the Piano Roll editor. I guess the 16th,24th note default absolutely makes sense for most pieces of (at least, pop) music as finer quantizations can easily lead to false interpretations of note lengths.

Remember note quantization and display quantization ( score editor) are mutually independent. In the score editor if you don't select any region - (style 0)  this is where the default behavior is defined... if you set this to defaults - it is then based on the grid quantization - if you want to be something other than the grid quantization - you can set it to what you want - up to and including 128 directly as shown in the attached pic:

86266395_ScreenShot2022-09-18at6_57_38PM.thumb.png.313a34e35c178ac144cf68f6efb6e9e0.png

No problem... There are a couple factors at play here. First you must be sure interpretation is not checked as this will supersede the display quantization defaults (which you don't want to do in this case).  In order to have an actual note which is less than than the default display quantization value be noted as such - first you must be sure the actually underlying midi note is in fact smaller than or equal to the minimum display quantization you want to see visually. In the example below - I add a note 128th ( which you can see from the even list and the piano roll), I then use the display quantize in the score editor to determine the smallest value to be displayed in the score. I can go from 1/4 all the way down to 128th note).  The original question was how to get notes shorter than 1/16th note to display correctly in the score editor.  Two important points to be remembered, Interpretation must be off/disabled and the display quantize is for the score editor and is mutually independent from all other quantizations parameters. 
339692823_displayquantize.thumb.gif.ff1aaa2f2be0366d0712119ad1a654d3.gif

Edited by volovicg
  • Like 1