Markers acting weird when dragged

Danny Wyatt

This is an ongoing issue and it's not related to a particular project, because I experience this over and over again with different projects. Restarting Logic or the computer is also not a fix, because this has been happening pretty much since ever (at least with this version, can't remember with the previous version).

50% of the time when I select markers and drag them I get this weird behavior where it seems like they are being dragged, but being overlapped, because they don't seem to move and then I get something like this:
image.png.a9ac003f17c1056edb28fd7d0a9fddfb.png

Then I have to click outside the markers section, select them again and drag and then it works.

Anyone experiencing this and is there a fix for it?

I also noticed that the bug is happening almost exclusively when I select everything on the project: markers and all the audio/midi regions. When I select just the markers it seems to not do this (or at least not as often).

1047205676_ScreenRecording2022-09-14at6_10.38AM2.gif.706b87117fe109ba80280afb665463d6.gif

You can see that when the bug happens and everything is selected, even when I click somewhere to unselect or just select the midi region, the markers remain selected, which is weird.

Edited by Danny Wyatt

4 hours ago, Danny Wyatt said:

This is an ongoing issue and it's not related to a particular project, because I experience this over and over again with different projects. Restarting Logic or the computer is also not a fix, because this has been happening pretty much since ever (at least with this version, can't remember with the previous version).

50% of the time when I select markers and drag them I get this weird behavior where it seems like they are being dragged, but being overlapped, because they don't seem to move and then I get something like this:
image.png.a9ac003f17c1056edb28fd7d0a9fddfb.png

Then I have to click outside the markers section, select them again and drag and then it works.

Anyone experiencing this and is there a fix for it?

Same question as always ;) : Can you post a project in which this happens?

9 hours ago, polanoid said:

Same question as always ;) : Can you post a project in which this happens?

bug markers.zip

This was created using the default "empty project", which is a project that can't be changed, so it's not something that I could think "maybe I did something to my project that caused that". This is a project that comes with Logic and can't be changed, so the issue is with Logic itself.

I also noticed that the bug is happening almost exclusively when I select everything on the project: markers and all the audio/midi regions. When I select just the markers it seems to not do this (or at least not as often).

1497508785_ScreenRecording2022-09-14at6_10.38AM2.gif.3fdecb1ae81bf0a5d64cc103958638f1.gif

You can see that when the bug happens and everything is selected, even when I click somewhere to unselect or just select the midi region, the markers remain selected, which is weird.

My suggestion: open your own default "empty project" add some markers, add a few midi regions to the project and then select everything and try to move the markers, just like I did. See if that happens to you as well.

Edited by Danny Wyatt