Shared folder not saving/updating consistently... at least to me

mrgeeze

Working on a project with a friend. He shared a folder in Icloud.  I am working from that folder only. I'm adding a take folder of guitar (audio) to the project. If I save the project as a new project (Save As) back to the shared folder everything seems fine. If I merely save the project (Save) while working none of the newest session work is saved. 

Any ideas.   Thanks

On 9/16/2022 at 4:11 PM, mrgeeze said:

If I merely save the project (Save) while working none of the newest session work is saved. 

Try an easy test: 

1. Open the project. 
  2. Create a few more empty tracks at the bottom of the project, and save. 
  3. Save and close the project. 
  4. Reopen it. 

Are the new empty tracks gone? 

I did as you requested expecting the 3 empty tracks I created to be missing when I re-opened the project. Lo and behold they were there and everything was behaving as "normal".

I really can't explain why this seemingly works now but did not previously. The fellow I am sharing the projects with has also witnessed the phenomenon I did.   Gremlins?

Ok, I'll keep my eye on the situation and report back if I notice anything that doesn't seem correct. If it matters I am running 10.7.4 and he's running whatever is the latest (or very close). I have a 10 year old MacBook Pro running Big Sur 11.6.8. He's got a brand new Mac Studio so I'm guessing he's current on OS and Logic

Thanks,

• Like 1

Ok good to hear. 

There are a couple other things you can check in the title bar of the main window when you save your project:

1. Before you save the project, the icon (in front of the project name) is grayed out. When you save the project, the icon becomes solid (no longer grayed out). 
  2. You can Command-click the icon to see the filepath and make sure you're saving it in the right place.

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 6.25.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-18 at 6.25.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 6.26.02 PM.png