Importing a pdf file into Logic

chordz

This may be a stretch, but I'm wondering if there is a way to import a pdf file into logic, wherein the pdf would contain guitar chord diagrams (not musical notes).  I know there are programs that will convert pdf into midi.  Just not sure if it's possible to somehow convert chord diagrams in pdf into midi and then have Logic recognize this.  Probably not but thought I'd ask. I make my own very specialized chord diagrams and Logic's are really inadequate. Thanks.

At notationcentral.com there is a music font called MusFret - which allows you to define the appearance of the guitar grid based on a letter sequence. This font also includes the ability to add intervals to the fretboard/Grid.  You can you find the manual here https://www.notationcentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/MusFrets-documentation.pdf 

While I am not a guitar player - I did not put the notes in the correct place, but you get the idea. You would add this font to logic and insert the Grid by just inserting the proper text.    See pic as an example.

The middle one below I did has examples of a m7, b5 and #9 to demonstrate the ability to put intervals on the grid.  

1358744823_ScreenShot2022-09-19at7_48_37AM.thumb.png.0344e7f610bfb2704dc027e19f34d552.png

Hi @Volovicg,   So I've downloaded Musfrets but cannot get it into Logic . . . obviously there's a way as you just did it . . . Have followed Logic's online instructions for loading external font but it's not seeing Musfrets. Screenshot below.  I must not be placing Musfrets in the correct location in hard drive or? Any suggestions would be so appreciated!  Thank you.

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 11.04.13 AM.png

It is not a system font - it is a text font.   In the score editor Layout->text styles - add the font here. Then   you can use it to insert text objects in the score.  I also you suggest you experiment with it first using TextEdit... where you can copy and paste the objects directly into logic without having to type in the special characters and then finding it difficult if you want to edit or change after the object is created. 

@volovicq, so I've got Musfrets up and running in Logic which is great, thank you.  Next step is to see how to build my own chord diagram library with related Midi . . . can probably do something clunky in the Arrange window involving folders, unless there's a more elegant solution?