Slow since upgrading to BigSur

eileengogan

16 hours ago, fisherking said:

what's the end goal? CDs are 16/44, streaming is (generally) 24/44. if you're headed to either format, recording at 24/44 would make more sense.

Absolutely that's why on my other project was an album for general release so I recorded @44.1k

however this is a project for myself and I wanted to experiment with different sample rates,

On 9/25/2022 at 6:26 PM, eileengogan said:

I opened the activity monitor is that correct?

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 17.25.29.png

You’ve sorted the view by CPU usage, but the little “^” at the top of the column means it’s sorted from least to most. You’re seeing only the processes using no CPU at all. 

Click on the column header again to reverse the sorting order from high to low. 

• 2 months later...

Hello really sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you. I'm suffering from long Covid.

Downgrading to Catalina did seem to fix the problem however last week I had to re up-grade to BIgSuir as a collaboration project I'm working on was recorded in Logic Pro 10.7.2 and it wouldn't open in the downgraded 10.4.8. It was a trying time and the disk too slow started to come back, but not as bad as before.

I want to thank everyone for the help I do think it has to do with the HD of my iMac not being able to handle BS!

Eileen