Using the Midi Modulator on more than one parameter (how to question)?

El Bura

Go to solution Solved by JakobP,

Hey folks,

I've been trying to work out if there is a way of using the environment window to route the output from the modulator plugin to more than one target parameter? I would think this is possible using the environment and the IAC bus's but can't figure out, I've done a google search as well but still on joy. Has anyone done this before or can think how this might be possible? Any help would be appreciated. 

Cheers

• Solution

In short, on the modulator fx track, use the external instrument to send the midi to iac, when back in environment, use a transformer to convert the midi to fader events corresponding to the plugin parameter, finally cable the transformer to the plugins channel strip. Create a new transformer for every parameter you want to control. Connect a monitor to the channel strip and move the plugin parameter to see what fader events it generates. Hth...

• Like 2

Hey Jakob, quick follow up question.....is there a way to save the channel with the external out and the Environment routing even just to a monitor and transformer so it's ready to connect to targets? I've tried saving as a channel strip setting and as as an Apple Loop but neither recreate the environment routing. Any thoughts on how this could be recalled so I'm not having to rebuild it for each project or channel that needs multiple modulation routing. 

Many thanks