option + dragging audio regions doesn't place them where i put them?

SoSpiro

Indeed you should not get that result. The first region of the selection is not copied along with the others. Just to try some things...

1. What if you try to Option-drag only the first region?
  2. What if you try switching your drag mode to Overlap?
  3. What if you select the regions by dragging a blue selection rectangle instead of using "Select inside locators" which I am assuming you've used to select your regions, then Option-drag?

I would also try to zoom in closely on the beginning of the first double back region at bar 17 to see what's going on there exactly. Is there only one region exactly at 17 1 1 1  or is there something else going on? 

After watching carefully, the first audio region in the stretch lands partly above one already present there.

Normally, Logic trim the overlapping part. But in your case it seems that Logic simply refuses to copy (solely) the region that would end up overlapping the other one. Consequently leaving that gap after your attempt to do so. Odd...

3 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

Wild guess: perhaps you are dragging/copying some automation along?

i don't think that should matter.  i've never had a problem like that before with automation.

1 hour ago, David Nahmani said:

Indeed you should not get that result. The first region of the selection is not copied along with the others. Just to try some things... What if you try to Option-drag only the first region? What if you try switching your drag mode to Overlap?

i ended up option + dragging from another audio region and it worked which is weird.  

in the video (and in my fix), i shift + L to select all audio regions within cycle (all audio regions were definitively cut inside the cycle) and the option + drag didn't work like you saw for that one region.  however, when i shift + L and option + dragged it from another audio region on another track to the same overall spot in the arrangement area, it worked.  

58 minutes ago, Atlas007 said:

After watching carefully, the first audio region in the stretch lands partly above one already present there.

Normally, Logic trim the overlapping part. But in your case it seems that Logic simply refuses to copy (solely) the region that would end up overlapping the other one. Consequently leaving that gap after your attempt to do so. Odd...

i actually already changed it from X-fade to no overlap and it didn't help either way 😕
This has happened to me before, but i always just end up restarting logic or doing something weird and it fixes, but i don't know what is causing the problem in the first place.

• Like 1

any chance you could upload that project?

1/ please confirm your project start is at 1,1,1,1 and not prior  

2/ Ensure no region has meta or any other type of events ( midi or otherwise) prior to Bar 1 ( it could be hidden so you have to expand the start of region and then check the event list.

Edited by volovicg
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...