Recording automation inside Live Loops Cell.

hollandrisley

Hi, I am trying to record automation into a Logic Pro X Live Loops cell? I can see the parameters changing in the loop edit window, but if I put on Latch or Write, it doesn't record. When I put it back on Read, nothing is recorded? Any ideas? I saw another post that said it isn't possible, but I can't believe that.

Hi, I have checked the "record automation with Audio regions" option, but still the automation won't record into a Live Loop. See video showing it not working here:

https://watch.screencastify.com/v/byLtRRcK0nAhAhut3OXH

Any ideas? It may be that actually one has to record automation into the timeline, and then drag the section back into the loops area, but if I can avoid this that would be great!

18 minutes ago, hollandrisley said:

See video showing it not working here:

This method does not work to write automation into existing regions! That can only be done via Touch/Write/Latch modes, which, as stated by several persons in this thread already, are only available in the time-linear tracks, not in Live Loops.

Edited by polanoid

6 minutes ago, JakobP said:

It does here (with midi) :D

If you're in one of the "Merge overlapping MIDI Recordings" mode, yes. Also, not in Live Loops it seems. EDIT: Does work in Live Loops as well. Nice. EDIT #2: it's the recording mode of the Cell, not the "Merge overlapping MIDI Recordings" mode. 

Edited by polanoid