Logic Assets - which ones are needed for project to open and play on other computer

Julia Mosley

In one of my package I have noticed I have many of the assets unchecked, which is strange because all the other packages that I have created around a similar time have all assets apart from the 'sound library' and 'movie' assets checked. Would anyone be able to tell me what would likely happen if I sent this package (as seen in screenshot below) to a friend to open on another Mac. Are these assets unique to the project or are they unique to the particular version of logic itself? For example, I would have thought the sound library would be included in logic itself as a generic library of sounds. Am I wrong about this? :) 

I am confused about the audio asset (probably the most important one) as I did a test project where I unticked it but then went to see where the audio was kept if it wasn't in the package itself but it still appeared in the package contents, what might be the explanation for this?

Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 09.25.13.png

These are options for how *you* want to save other files the project needs to play correctly.

You don't need to "Copy Apple Sound Library Content" in general, as those file will always be available to you (or your collaborators) from your Logic installation, so there is generally no need to make copies of those things into your project file.

You *do* want the audio recordings you made in that project to be stored in the project though, as they will be required. Generally, that's the main checkbox that needs to be ticked, in relation to project assets.

If you're working with other, non-Logic samples and impulse responses you've imported in the samplers, Ultrabeat, Space Designer, Alchemy etc, the tick those options to make sure those samples are also stored with the project. Same if you are working with a movie file and also want to make sure that is saved with the project.

1 hour ago, Julia Mosley said:

I am confused about the audio asset (probably the most important one) as I did a test project where I unticked it but then went to see where the audio was kept if it wasn't in the package itself but it still appeared in the package contents, what might be the explanation for this?

The contents of the package are the files stored in the package. All a package really is is a special "folder" (that appears to macOS as one file), and inside that there are other folders where your Logic files and versions are, your audio files, sample files - Logic manages this so you don't really need to worry about it.