Demo Project Gone

Dox
Go to solution Solved by Dox,

You can't, really. Apple most likely had a licensing deal for a certain time period or to run along a specific number of sub-version, or otherwise decided to stop distributing that demo file. 

If you want access to older demo files your best best is to try to find someone who has them and is willing to share them.

• Solution

Found it! Now I see why it is a good idea to save older versions when updating Logic 😀

Fo anyone else, I copied the ocean eyes.logicx file from the

system library>application support>logic>logic pro x demo songs

and pasted the file into

logic pro.app package Contents>Resources>Demo Projects>Artist Songs

• Like 1

If you've opened it previously, then the project will have been downloaded to your computer. It looks like even when licensing means they can't distribute the project anymore (so it won't be in the browser), they are not going to delete the project from your machine if you previously downloaded it - hence why it's there (it's also on disk for me).

So if you want to investigate these commercial project demos, best download them while they are available, as they might not always be.

Edited by des99

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2022 at 11:15 AM, Dox said:

Found it! Now I see why it is a good idea to save older versions when updating Logic 😀

Fo anyone else, I copied the ocean eyes.logicx file from the

system library>application support>logic>logic pro x demo songs

and pasted the file into

logic pro.app package Contents>Resources>Demo Projects>Artist Songs

Is there any way you could upload that project to wetransfer? I desperately want to learn from Finneas, but it's not really an accessible file anymore. Please email me at  joeybesilly @ gmail  if you are willing to discuss this privately!!