MIDI assignment jumps around

haubanhof
Go to solution Solved by des99,

My goal is to assign a fader on my old Korg NanoKontrol to the volume of track number two. I have set it up like this:

But this makes the fader affect any track that I have currently selected. In other words it moves around, and is not locked to the specific track.

How do I "lock" the fader to track 2?

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 15.04.22.png

• Solution

You have learned this control to the channel strip at position 2 of the current fader bank (usually of 8 channels), so as you switch tracks, the fader bank position (group of 8 tracks which are currently displayed on a control surface) will change, and so your assignment will jump around.

If you want to target a particular audio channel strip object directly, you need to choose "Audio" or "Software Instrument" (or whatever the desired type is) and choose the appropriate number instead of referencing by Fader Bank.

Edited by des99

24 minutes ago, des99 said:

You have learned this control to the channel strip at position 2 of the current fader bank (usually of 8 channels), so as you switch tracks, the fader bank position (group of 8 tracks which are currently displayed on a control surface) will change, and so your assignment will jump around.

If you want to target a particular audio channel strip object directly, you need to choose "Audio" or "Software Instrument" (or whatever the desired type is) and choose the appropriate number instead of referencing by Fader Bank.

Aha fantastic - that solved it!

Although for some reason Audio 5 isnt reacting to being assigned to as Audio 5, but Audio 4. So the assignments needs to be set one digit before their actual "name" - the same goes for Software Instruments: Inst 3 will be assigned to as Inst 2 and so on. Thats no problem, but do you know why this lag occurs?

• Like 1