Automation Qualm

gp71

When I hit A and enter automation mode, only one layer of automation reappears despite some of my tracks having five layers. This is particularly annoying after weeks of mixing and I am forced to leave automation mode briefly for some flexing or somesuch only to return and find I have to open them all up again. Is there a way around this please? 

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, AdamHope said:

Hey, just to understand the issue is it when you have multiple automation lanes open under the track hit A to go out of automation mode then press A again the automation lanes needs to opened with the little down arrow?

Yes. Logic only opens up one lane even though there were many before existing A mode. It is frustrating and time-wasting. 

1 minute ago, AdamHope said:

I don't think there is way for the automation lanes maintain their open state.  An alternative workflow could be to use CMD Y to quickly toggle between different automation on the main track.

Yes. I have sent numerous requests to Logic over the last few years for this and a slick way of adjusting audio gain the way PT do it.