Au Hosting Compatibility Service 200-300% CPU usage

Johan Jelonek

Hello Everyone!

I bought a macbook M1 Max 32gb Ram back in january this year to handle my biggest projects as a music producer. I quickly realised that a lot of the 3rd party plugins that I was using weren't compatible with Macbook m1 yet. Some of the manufactures have made updates since then, fortunately. 
I've been running Logic through rosetta on/off during the last couple of months concluding that both approaches causes my cpu to overheat to 70+ degrees celsius. Im am using a solid amount of Universal Audio plugins, Waves, Soundtoyz, and la-di-da-di-da.. 

Does anyone experience something in this category? If so, have you looked into what can solve the problem?
I'm currently struggling to finish off songs because my mac is overheating, even when printing heavily processed tracks.

Feels like waste to spend that much money on a computer that should be able to handle every task!

70C is not overheating the CPU, and is not a problem. That's just the CPU working. It's designed to handle 90C+ at peak, and is only really a concern if you're regularly going over 100C.

Even at 90C, the computer is so unconcerned about the temperature, it can't even be bothered to switch the fans on, unless you've been running at that temp for a long time.

If you want to work the CPU less hard, freeze tracks or bounce to audio, then you're not asking the CPU to calculate all those plugins in real time, so it will work less hard and run cooler.

Edited by des99