Audio wont print with hardware

haubanhof
Go to solution Solved by wonshu,

• Solution

I think you need to set the channel in the second screenshot to "Input 3" or wherever on your hardware the signal comes back into your audio interface.

Then Logic will record that input channel and not Input 1 like it is now (check the channel strip to see where this issue is!!)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wonshu said:

I think you need to set the channel in the second screenshot to "Input 3" or wherever on your hardware the signal comes back into your audio interface.

Then Logic will record that input channel and not Input 1 like it is now (check the channel strip to see where this issue is!!)

That worked like a charm, thank you!

Although I dont see why the original method didn't work since it was the way to go on the tutorial - oh well as long as it works now I'm happy!

In the video, MusicTechHelpGuy explains that the audio won't be latency compensated unless using a bus as input on the print track. He shows how he sets the output of the original audio track to bus1, and the input on the print track to the same bus. On your screenshots you seem to have missed this part...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JakobP said:

In the video, MusicTechHelpGuy explains that the audio won't be latency compensated unless using a bus as input on the print track. He shows how he sets the output of the original audio track to bus1, and the input on the print track to the same bus. On your screenshots you seem to have missed this part...

Ahh - there it is. I had "Input 1" instead of "Bus 1" at the destination. Thank you for noticing!