Saving and Transferring Templates, Presets, Channel Strip Settings

musicismygas
Go to solution Solved by HYPERCREATIIVE.COM,

• Solution

Try this out ~

Open a new finder window.

Select Macintosh HD -> Library -> Application Support -> Logic -> Channel Strip settings.

Copy any folder within the channel strip settings folder and save that to an external harddrive.

On your new system, paste this same folder in your new channel strip settings folder following the signal path above.

I'm interpreting your question as how to save your old settings and transfer them onto a new Mac.

If you are asking how to read and run channel strip settings from an external harddrive, I dont believe you'll be able to. I believe its better for the system to recall them from the main computer Logic is running on.

Tip: Save your Plugin Settings folder as well, so your channel strip settings folder can pull any info it may need as to what each plugin's settings were in the channel strip chain. Just good in general. Hope this helps ~

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 4:42 PM, HYPERCREATIIVE.COM said:

Try this out ~

Open a new finder window.

Select Macintosh HD -> Library -> Application Support -> Logic -> Channel Strip settings.

Copy any folder within the channel strip settings folder and save that to an external harddrive.

On your new system, paste this same folder in your new channel strip settings folder following the signal path above.

I'm interpreting your question as how to save your old settings and transfer them onto a new Mac.

If you are asking how to read and run channel strip settings from an external harddrive, I dont believe you'll be able to. I believe its better for the system to recall them from the main computer Logic is running on.

Tip: Save your Plugin Settings folder as well, so your channel strip settings folder can pull any info it may need as to what each plugin's settings were in the channel strip chain. Just good in general. Hope this helps ~

Could we do the same process for Mixing templates?