Bus Subgroup Issue - LPX Mono & Stereo

HYPERCREATIIVE.COM

Hey friends, need a little help here clarifying how Logic is understanding my session.

I'm currently bussing individual audio tracks for my drums in a session.

When I select a bus (bus 27) to send all these drum tracks to mix my drum subgroup (bus 27), Logic's mixer/environment has created two instances of bus 27. 

One in stereo (expected) and one in mono (?). Both buses say Bus 27, but the first stereo bus says Aux 13 and the second mono bus says Aux 14 in the description above the bus track.

I've been mixing the Stereo bus 27 (Aux 13) as my group until I realized theres an unprocessed mono version of my drum submix occurring in my session.

If I delete the mono group, the drums are just in stereo. I thought if I sent mono audio to a stereo bus, the stereo bus would preserve the mono down the middle AND retain the stereo image as well. 

Is there a way to combine these two versions of Bus 27? Or do I really have to process my drum submix as both an mono and stereo version before the master output? Why does logic create two versions of the same Bus 27 here?...

Thanks in advance...I'm prepared to just keep them both bc of how I dialed in the mix anyhow.

• David Nahmani changed the title to Bus Subgroup Issue - LPX Mono & Stereo
12 hours ago, HYPERCREATIIVE.COM said:

When I select a bus (bus 27) to send all these drum tracks to mix my drum subgroup (bus 27), Logic's mixer/environment has created two instances of bus 27. 

Can't replicate that here. Can you post an example project, or describe step by step what you are doing to make that happen?