If you could watch only one video about mixing, it should be this one.

David Nahmani

On 10/7/2022 at 8:24 AM, Attracks pilot said:

Weird... just at point #5 the clip stutters.

Yeah that's on purpose, that's the joke: he's building it up like he's going to give you the most useful advice you've ever had and then the video stops. 🤣

The whole video is a joke, he's just saying nonsense, making up terms as he goes, but with an authoritative tone, and I thought that was hilarious.  

And... who wants their mix to "crackle" anyway? 😅

1 minute ago, David Nahmani said:

Yeah that's on purpose, that's the joke: he's building it up like he's going to give you the most useful advice you've ever had and then the video stops. 🤣

The whole video is a joke, he's just saying nonsense, but in a way that make him sound authoritative, and I thought that was hilarious.  

😁 I'm feeling so stupid... 🤓

Thanks for sharing this anyhow!

• Like 1

No worries, the first time I watched it I only got it when he started comparing the sound of his imaginary plug-in "with" and "without" and I thought "I can't hear a difference?" .... until I realized that's because there was no difference. 😅

It gets even funnier if you watch it again knowing it's all a big joke. 

5 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

No worries, the first time I watched it I only got it when he started comparing the sound of his imaginary plug-in "with" and "without" and I thought "I can't hear a difference?" .... until I realized that's because there was no difference. 😅

It gets even funnier if you watch it again knowing it's all a big joke. 

I'll do it again, David.

I like that kind of practical jokes. Sometimes it takes more time to realise it, perhaps because I'm not a native English speaker. 😇

• Like 1

Just now, Attracks pilot said:

perhaps because I'm not a native English speaker.

Yeah definitely. Turn on the subtitles and you'll see that sometimes he's just talking gibberish: 

"bottom's at the top, little boogaloo dissidence on the middle end..."

"topshelf stays up, your midriff goes completely unloved, but the waveform's still nostalgic."

That ... doesn't mean anything at all! 😳🤣

52 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

The whole video is a joke, he's just saying nonsense, making up terms as he goes, but with an authoritative tone, and I thought that was hilarious.  

And... who wants their mix to "crackle" anyway? 😅

but i just reworked EVERY MIX I'VE EVER DONE, following his advice... 😳

• Wow! 1

• 1 month later...