Drummer or Midi samples

Michael_composer

Hello,

I want to create basic good sounding rock drums in Logic with midi. I am trying to use "Drummer" by converting it to midi. Can I construct the drums easily this way or do I need to purchase some drum samples? If I can use Drummer as ordinary midi tracks I would do it ...but it seems as when this is done it is limiting me to a predetermined length and am not sure if everything I do this way is going to be hard.

Would there be drum samples in Logic somewhere. There is one "drum kit" available but it is more synthetic than real.

I thought I could create midi and a good sounding rock kit would be created and available to create with as with Pro Tool layout?

Drummer can use different kit with interchangeable pieces.

Drummer will create grooves (either solo or after other already present tracks), which can also be edited in many and easy ways, then (if desired) converted to regular MIDI regions (also editable), which at their turn, could trigger kits and/or percussion pieces, either from Logic's libraries, imported samples, or 3rd party ones as well.

The possibilities are immense!

• Like 1

As @Atlas007 described: Drummer "plays" the drums for you, it chooses when to hit a kick, a snare or a hi-hat, so that you don't have to sequence the MIDI notes manually. 

On the other hand there are many drum samples organized in drum kits in various genres in Logic Pro, so there's no need to purchase anything else, at least to get started. You can then determine if you wish to use Drummer or MIDI regions (or a mixture of both) to play those kits. 

To use Drummer: 

1. Choose Track > New Drummer Track. 
  2. In the Library, choose a genre (for example "Rock") then a drummer. 
  3. If you want, pick a different Drum Kit below.

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 8.07.03 AM.png

To program MIDI drums:

1. Choose Track > New Software Instrument Track.
  2. In the Library, choose a drum kit.
  3. Open the Piano Roll or the Step Sequencer and start programming.
  • Like 1