Is anyone having midi pedal issues?

tennislogic10

The first thing I would try is to click the little down-arrow symbol to the right in the LCD display in Logic's control bar and choose Custom. That displays a MIDI input monitor (that displays "No in" when Logic isn't receiving anything). Now press the pedal and double-check that Logic is receiving a Sustain on event, release the pedal and double-check that Logic is receiving a Sustain off event?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 8:00 AM, David Nahmani said:

The first thing I would try is to click the little down-arrow symbol to the right in the LCD display in Logic's control bar and choose Custom. That displays a MIDI input monitor (that displays "No in" when Logic isn't receiving anything). Now press the pedal and double-check that Logic is receiving a Sustain on event, release the pedal and double-check that Logic is receiving a Sustain off event?

will try, thanks for the help David! 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 8:00 AM, David Nahmani said:

Wanted to let you know that I think I found the solution. It's in settings: recording: overlap track recordings: MIDI, and then I had to mess with the settings, and this is what worked:

image.png.56ac983d1ecbbfdd822788fd57b9aacf.png

And then on the toolbar, I selected Drag: Overlap, this works in conjuction with the above settings:

image.png.b07b9a3b2f9fc41d013102fe75482c3c.png

Now when I record midi, the pedal doesn't erase previous pedal recordings. Phew. Thanks for your previous advice on this!

image.png

Edited by tennislogic10