"Death And Divorce," a cheerful chune with all the Logic one could wish for!

grumblepig

Maybe not as dreary as the title suggests, maybe? This is from a forthcoming album called Stranger. It's all very "in house," Logic-wise. Other than vocals, pretty sure all the sounds in this track are Logic's own. An odd reference, but this reminds me a bit of the sort of music Mike Leigh would use in scores for his early films. Clarinet or such... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Love it (as usual). I love how you play with harmonies and chord progressions. All the unexpected chords and modulations. When the song restarts in minor halfway through, it's a beautiful surprise. 

Really glad you liked it, David. Honestly, this is semi-improvised, which isn't my usual way, and so the harmonies and chords are much about my hands just kinda making shapes on the piano and the overdubs trying to follow along. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, "first of all, you had me on the first line."  "Death and Divorce, they both ride the same horse."  (And then it goes on ...) Does it really ever get better than that? 😀 Every great song begins and ends with a lyric that makes you think.

Now, I'd love to hear you continue it.  After the instrumental break, which perhaps could be a little bit shortened, present us with another fantastic lyric idea, somehow complementary to the first or "offering yet another 'angle' on it."  The result could easily become a song that has "real legs."

Edited by MikeRobinson
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeRobinson said:

Well, "first of all, you had me on the first line."  "Death and Divorce, they both ride the same horse."  (And then it goes on ...) Does it really ever get better than that? 😀 Every great song begins and ends with a lyric that makes you think.

Now, I'd love to hear you continue it.  After the instrumental break, which perhaps could be a little bit shortened, present us with another fantastic lyric idea, somehow complementary to the first or "offering yet another 'angle' on it."  The result could easily become a song that has "real legs."

Glad you liked it, Mike - thanks for giving it some ear time! I do understand that it could be a longer, more fully-fleshed song, but it lives on a finished album due out in December, so it's gonna be a wee ting for the time being!