Waves 14 Plugins Knobs behave unexpected under Logic10.7.4

ansolas

Anyone with a macMini M1 and Waves Plugins please like to try this quickly.
Create a new project and drag any knob with the mouse up and down. 

Expected:
The mouse pointer hides and do not show until the mouse is released.

What I get:
The mouse pointer shows after a while tweaking. This seems to happen once the hidden pointer hits the screen boundary.

––––––––

The Waves support told me that I am the only one having this issue, so that why I ask you guys if there is anyone out there either.

I used to have the same issue many OSes ago.  They ended uo fixing it at some point, but it seems like its back again.

They usually hide the pointer as you adjust controls, but it should re appear after you release the mouse button, which doesn't appear to be happening to you.

I'd suggest letting them know about it.  They can't fix what they're not aware of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simon.a.billington said:

I used to have the same issue many OSes ago.  They ended uo fixing it at some point, but it seems like its back again.

They usually hide the pointer as you adjust controls, but it should re appear after you release the mouse button, which doesn't appear to be happening to you.

I'd suggest letting them know about it.  They can't fix what they're not aware of.

Thank you for the reply, I already reported that issue and tehy told me that they can't reproduce it. 

Edited by ansolas

On 10/20/2022 at 3:24 PM, simon.a.billington said:

Do you can reproduce it either?

btw the standalone version of their instruments also have that bug and waves could reproduce it. It is M1 related.

Edited by ansolas

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 3:40 AM, ansolas said:

Do you can reproduce it either?

btw the standalone version of their instruments also have that bug and waves could reproduce it. It is M1 related.

The pointer disappears as I adjust a control, but reappear as soon as I let go of the mouse, which is the standard way in which it works.  Though I am on a 2017 iMac i7 and still running Big Sur.

Could it possibly be related to your hardware configuration, Logic and Waves version??

2 hours ago, simon.a.billington said:

The pointer disappears as I adjust a control, but reappear as soon as I let go of the mouse, which is the standard way in which it works.  Though I am on a 2017 iMac i7 and still running Big Sur.

Could it possibly be related to your hardware configuration, Logic and Waves version??

I have the latest Waves version and get that issue with a Apple Magic Trackpad as well as with a Logitech wired g502 Mouse or a noname cheap china mouse.

afaik it only happens on M1 Mac's. I posted a similar bug with the standalone versions of the waves instruments where waves could reproduce it on M1 based Macs only.

Edited by ansolas