Stereo reverb routing question

MusiquedeReve

Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Send both guitars to a bus (by default the send should be post-pan) and insert a stereo reverb on the Aux that bus is routed to. 

Or if what you meant by "hit" was that you want the left output of the reverb to be routed back to the channel strip of the guitar track that's panned left, then that's not possible: you would need two reverb plug-ins, one for each guitar. 

36 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Send both guitars to a bus (by default the send should be post-pan) and insert a stereo reverb on the Aux that bus is routed to. 

Or if what you meant by "hit" was that you want the left output of the reverb to be routed back to the channel strip of the guitar track that's panned left, then that's not possible: you would need two reverb plug-ins, one for each guitar. 

David - yes, that is what I meant - I suppose I would put the exact same plugin on both channels and set it to post-pan?

1 minute ago, MusiquedeReve said:

I suppose I would put the exact same plugin on both channels and set it to post-pan?

Same plug-in with the same setting on both channels. 

There's no "post-pan" setting for plug-ins, the pan is at the end of the channel strip signal chain, so after all plug-ins. So if you hard pan a guitar left then its reverb would also be hard panned left, which is different from having the effect after the pan (on another channel strip later in the signal chain) where the reverb would be more diffuse with some width on the left side of the stereo field. 

What is the end goal here? I would normally just send the two guitars to a bus and insert the reverb there - or pack the two guitars in a summing stack and insert the reverb plug-in on the main track of the stack. 

3 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Same plug-in with the same setting on both channels. 

There's no "post-pan" setting for plug-ins, the pan is at the end of the channel strip signal chain, so after all plug-ins. So if you hard pan a guitar left then its reverb would also be hard panned left, which is different from having the effect after the pan (on another channel strip later in the signal chain) where the reverb would be more diffuse with some width on the left side of the stereo field. 

What is the end goal here? I would normally just send the two guitars to a bus and insert the reverb there - or pack the two guitars in a summing stack and insert the reverb plug-in on the main track of the stack. 

I think I was overthinking things

If I sum the guitars in a summing stack, would Logic keep them panned L/R in the summing stack?