44.1 to 48

Outfit

I´ve been working on a project 24bit 44.1 and it turns out my client needs 48 files. Do I just bounce the the songs at 48 or do I have to convert them some other way? I tried and bounced them at 48 and it seemed to work but I got a file with a number (19876494058) along with the actual song...

Anyone?

Thanks

Bouncing is fine. You can also just convert them in the Audio Window (menu copy/convert). Check whether your client wants the 48kHz files interleaved or split stereo (split is most usual for ProTools and Video PostPro).

Don't wory about the "number names" if the files are otherwise ok. Just rename them in the Audio Window or the mac Finder.

RR

The 19876494058 file is most probably your first bounce, and then logic does the conversion to the final 48K file. Normally what should happen is that once Logic is really done with the whole process (Bouncing + Sample Rate conversion), it will take care of deleting the 19876494058 file.

I sometimes get filenames displaying strangely in the Audio Window, with an incomplete name , numbers and symbols #.....I'm not sure why. The same files looked at in the Finder have their correct name - I think it may be a problem with name length.

RR