Audio recording at slower than actual speed

Immortalgeorge
Go to solution Solved by zwan06,

I am working on a specific logic project. When I try to record vocals the recorded audio is slowed down and slightly pitch shifted to the actual input.

I have already recorded vocals on this project and there were no issues. Then all of a sudden without changing any settings the playback is way slower and so if I try to use input monitoring I hear myself slowed down... very distracting.

I tried recording audio on another project and it worked fine so I wonder if the project has become corrupt or something?

I am using a focusrite scarlet 2i2 with logic version 10.7.4 on a 2020 Mac mini

Help please!

• Solution

Try using "low latency mode." Sometimes as the tracks start adding up in a project this can become a problem, especially if effects are being utilized liberally.  To access "low latency mode," select "Logic Pro/Preferences/Audio/General." You'll find a box to select at the bottom of the "general" tab.  It will record your audio without reverb, for instance, but once you listen to the take and unselect "low latency mode" you'll be able to hear the track as intended.  Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...