Key commands acting weird on LPX 10.7.4 w/Rosetta - M1 MBP

jonnybutter
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi everyone,

Anyone else having weird issues with key commands in LPX 10.7.4, in Rosetta, on an M1 Mac (running Monterrey, which the computer came with)? I understand that Apple has taken away some flexibility here - that some key commands conflict with system ones and they don’t let you change them. But I am just trying to set Fade tool to a key command, the way I’ve always had it, and I can’t do that, and can’ t really change anything! One time it did take a change, and then wouldn’t do it again. Or I open the key commands window and no commands at all show up! Also the pro tools option seems stuck (there is a bullet next to it that never goes away). 

Overall weird stuff going on. I have tried the MBP keyboard and my remote one and, no difference. Extremely frustrating! I can bet it’s a Rosetta problem, but I can’t go native yet, unfortunately.

Anybody else having these problems? Not sure what prefs to trash here or what to do. Long time LPX user, but stumped on this one.

thanks in advance

No, I've noticed no changes, or problems on an M1 Mac/Monterey, Rosetta or otherwise, apart from some key commands incorrectly flagged as conflicts with system commands (they still work as expected).

You can trash both prefs files to make sure you've cleared this out, and perhaps try again. The preference files are com.apple.logic10.plist and com.apple.logic.pro.cs

Edited by des99
  • Like 1

I think it’s just rejecting certain combinations because they’re reserved for System. I trashed the preset I had set up and started over. Things are behaving normally now, except some key combis seem to be forbidden (in this case, Control Option click). I can learn a few new commands I guess. A little annoying though. Thanks David.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

That's a combination of modifiers and a mouse action (click), not a key command. That's why you don't see it listed in the Key Command window.

Mouse actions are not user customizable, however they haven't changed recently so you shouldn't have to re-learn them? 

Hi David,

I had Cmd-Optn >Hold+click set up to momentarily enable the fade tool in a previous version of LPX and now it’s a toggle, and with different modifier keys (involving a 6 I think?). It’s different, but I can live with it. I actually have my old key commands on my old Mac, which i haven’t had access to - so I’l just grab them sometime when I’m home and haul it out, and see if they work.

cheers!

55 minutes ago, jonnybutter said:

I had Cmd-Optn >Hold+click set up to momentarily enable the fade tool in a previous version of LPX and now it’s a toggle, and with different modifier keys (involving a 6 I think?).

It's Control-Shift-drag. As far as I can remember (which is around Logic 4.7) it's always been Control-Shift-drag. 

55 minutes ago, jonnybutter said:

I actually have my old key commands on my old Mac, which i haven’t had access to - so I’l just grab them sometime when I’m home and haul it out, and see if they work.

You should be able to reimport them to your current Mac. Keep in mind what Logic calls "key commands" are combinations of keys only (no mouse inputs: no clicking, no dragging), so reimporting your key commands does not affect modifiers+click or drag actions (those are hard-wired, you cannot change them).