Lengthening a Region problem

Antaren
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Thanks straquebec.  When I right click on the region, I am just getting a highlighted region.  So I thought I'd try this:  Edit->Select ->Select SMPTE lock. When I do this, what happens is the region is no longer highlighted.  I don't see just "smpte lock" nor "unlock SMPTE position."    What am I missing?  Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Antaren said:

Stratquebec, when I control click on the region,  in the drop down menu I see "SMPTE lock."  When I highlight SMPTE lock, I get "Lock SMPTE position."

Ok. So it means that the region is currently SMPTE unlocked and that's what we want. There should be no padlock icon in the regions's upper left corner. Now are you able to resize the region you have a problem with?

If not, try closing Logic and launch it again, start a fresh new project (not from a template), drag any Apple loop you want in, and try to resize its region. It should be working.

If still not working, I would close Logic, trash the preferences, launch Logic and try the Apple loop thing in a new project.

EDIT: BTW my screenshot in the post above is from Logic Pro 10.6.3.

Edited by stratquebec

stratquebec--No problem.  I did some experimenting.  There must be something off with something in the project, because I just opened a new project, did some software instrument recording and I can lengthen the region.  Fortunately, I am not too deep into the project.  I will just replay the part. and start over again.

Oh that's good news! BTW, what Logic version do you use? Are we talking about an audio region or a software instrument region?

Because, look at this: I found that in 10.7.4, if I SMPTE Lock a software instrument region, I’m not able to change its length. In 10.6.3, it works! Man it's confusing as hell!

Edited by stratquebec