Logic Pro 10.7.5 is out!

David Nahmani

2 minutes ago, jnchristp said:

I found one graphic-bug with "Remove Silence" in the new version. Anyone else is getting this? First capture is the LPX 10.7.5 way of showing that window, the second is LPX 10.7.4. 

1803768497_RemoveSilence(LPX10.7.5).thumb.png.70ef2cc1c21aded6a0d7bbfdc04fc1b9.png1623213931_RemoveSilence(LPX10.7.4).thumb.png.1688ec13469c4f988962727667d81d00.png

Ouch, that's nasty... I have heard someone speak of this in another forum.  

Too funny: 

Fixes an issue where Logic could quit unexpectedly when choosing Import Environment > Replace by Name from the Options menu in the Environment window.

Been fighting that for several days now while I'm getting my environment all set up. Funny because: I'm done now (nearly), so one day too late. Happy for others though.

Very excited about Ableton Link though. I'll give that a try tomorrow... it's a bit of a funny thing there too, as I just got ReWire working in somewhat of a stable way on the Intel machine. Took a while to get it that way too, as it's now unsupported without a hack in Live 11.

Also: the ad at the bottom of this page keeps stealing the cursor while typing and it's super-annoying.

Edited by zevo

On 11/1/2022 at 8:00 PM, David Nahmani said:

Gain tool (drag a region - or selection of regions - up or down to adjust gain)

I guess they "stole" my idea hahaha:

Good to know that feature is now implemented. I'm sure that will save us so much time (at least when I am able to finally get a new Mac and update to that version...)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

I am not seeing that here? Did you change your display from the default "Dark" background in your display preferences settings? 

probably just me... opening logic last night (with 'night shift' on)...! 

also, this: "display preferences settings?" 🤣

Edited by fisherking
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jnchristp said:

I found one graphic-bug with "Remove Silence" in the new version. Anyone else is getting this? First capture is the LPX 10.7.5 way of showing that window, the second is LPX 10.7.4. 

1803768497_RemoveSilence(LPX10.7.5).thumb.png.70ef2cc1c21aded6a0d7bbfdc04fc1b9.png1623213931_RemoveSilence(LPX10.7.4).thumb.png.1688ec13469c4f988962727667d81d00.png

Hm this is what it looks like here. Maybe OS dependent? I'm on Ventura. EDIT: Just saw that this was already answered. Only in Dark Mode, confirmed. image.thumb.png.5ff4312ba6013b98242f3fdb1ba99c72.png

Edited by polanoid
  • Like 1

the menu is fixed in 10.7.6... 😏

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 8.25.46 AM.png

6 minutes ago, polanoid said:

Hm this is what it looks like here. Maybe OS dependent? I'm on Ventura. image.thumb.png.5ff4312ba6013b98242f3fdb1ba99c72.png

as david mentioned (about 7 posts above yours), it IS a dark mode issue, and i reported it as well... ugly, but functional (am not giving up dark mode!)

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Eon said:

Am i blind or MIDI Environment is gone??

No change from 10.7.4, when it was first hidden from the Window menu (hold Option while clicking the Window menu to reveal it), and existing screensets and key commands continue to open it as normal if you're already using it.

Edited by des99
  • Like 2

Just now, des99 said:

No change from 10.7.4, when it was first hidden from the Window menu (hold Option while clicking the Window menu to reveal it), but existing screensets and key commands continue to open it as normal if you're already using it.

That would be Cmd-0 per default.

• Like 2

I have noticed that you can use the gain tool on take folders as well as plain regions.  Nifty!

It also works on Midi regions on instrument tracks (yay!).  But it changes velocity instead of gain (boo!).  Anybody know how to change this tool to affect the gain of the instrument?  I can't find anything in the Sefferences.

Also, when it changes the velocity for a MIDI region, you can see the velocity value change in the region's inspector.  But when you're working on a take folder - where is it stored?  I can't find it.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mgraham said:

Anybody know how to change this tool to affect the gain of the instrument?

That's not possible, as MIDI regions don't have a gain parameter. We could imagine a gain setting that affects the output of the software instrument but then what if the MIDI region is moved to a different tracks, assigned multiple instruments, or an object other than a software instrument, or merged with another MIDI region, etc... this could quickly be quite messy I suppose. 

Or it could just affect Expression or MIDI Volume. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mgraham said:

I have noticed that you can use the gain tool on take folders as well as plain regions.  Nifty!

Not getting any useful results with that here. See video. Are you doing something different?

gain.gif

5 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

In that case it would still be necessary for the Instrument plug-in to react to these CCs (I guess most do, but maybe not all). IMHO the gain tool affecting the velocity is exact the right thing to do.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, polanoid said:

Not getting any useful results with that here. See video. Are you doing something different?

gain.gif

I am finding it very finicky.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I just noticed that when I drag with the tool on the top part of the clip/region/folder, it seems to work.  But not when I drag anywhere else.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mgraham said:

But when you're working on a take folder - where is it stored?  I can't find it.

It's stored in the individual takes. This was already possible in 10.7.4 and earlier versions, using the Gain parameter in the Region inspector when a Take was selected inside a Take Folder.

31 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

That's not possible, as MIDI regions don't have a gain parameter. We could imagine a gain setting that affects the output of the software instrument but then what if the MIDI region is moved to a different tracks, assigned multiple instruments, or an object other than a software instrument, or merged with another MIDI region, etc... this could quickly be quite messy I suppose. 

MIDI volume would definitely be more analogous to gain than MIDI velocity is.  Velocity changes the timbre of the notes. 

But I guess the product decision they made is that they expect this tool to be used to even out uneven performances:   the singer sang this phrase too loudly, the pianist played that phrase too quietly.  In that case, velocity makes sense.  It's just not as useful to me personally as MIDI gain would be.  I see your point that the edge cases would make the implementation messy, but I think it would still be a good feature.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, polanoid said:

It's stored in the individual takes. This was already possible in 10.7.4 and earlier versions, using the Gain parameter in the Region inspector when a Take was selected inside a Take Folder.

Ah, ok, thanks.  I see that happening now in audio take folders.

I can't find the velocity changes made by the tool with MIDI take folders.  I would expect it to be in the Velocity parameter of the individual take regions, but it's not there.  

1 minute ago, mgraham said:

I can't find the velocity changes made by the tool with MIDI take folders.  I would expect it to be in the Velocity parameter of the individual take regions, but it's not there.  

Probably not even implemented for MIDI Take Folders

Edited by polanoid

1 minute ago, mgraham said:

You can change the velocity with the gain tool in MIDI take folders? That does not work here. 

16 minutes ago, mgraham said:

I am finding it very finicky.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I just noticed that when I drag with the tool on the top part of the clip/region/folder, it seems to work.

Are you sure you can sometimes make it work in audio take folders? It never works here, no matter where I drag. 

21 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

You can change the velocity with the gain tool in MIDI take folders? That does not work here. 

Are you sure you can sometimes make it work in audio take folders? It never works here, no matter where I drag. 

It's a little hard to see in the capture I made, but I think it doesn't work when the clip is focused?  When I click away from the clip so it's not focussed, then the gain tool works.  As I say, it's finicky....

Screen Recording 2022-11-03 at 12.00.25 PM.gif

Gah - maybe I just ended up focusing the take instead of the folder?

I could have sworn this worked earlier today when the folder was not disclosed though...

• Wow! 1