Logic Pro 10.7.5 is out!

David Nahmani

I'd trash my Logic prefs a lot more often if there was a Load Prefs option. Now I have to take screen shots of everything and try to remember all my settings. Same with I/O names. What a nightmare trying to work on a session from someone else, much less my own projects from years ago when my template and buses were different. 

aaaaahhh, yaaahhhh, trying to explain to a client that just getting the tracks is only the beginning of working on a mix...they mostly have no idea of the amount of time/work it takes to setup a mixing session...mostly they think I just start "moving" the faders, after all, they've done all the heavy lifting already...(sigh)...I use a plugin on the 2bus that keeps track of the time/hours.../s~

19 hours ago, guavadude said:

I'd trash my Logic prefs a lot more often if there was a Load Prefs option. Now I have to take screen shots of everything and try to remember all my settings. Same with I/O names. What a nightmare trying to work on a session from someone else, much less my own projects from years ago when my template and buses were different. 

Super easy: Set up Logic the way you want it. Make a copy of the preference file and put it in a folder where you will find it when needed. 

When you feel the need to delete Logic preferences, simply replace the preference file in ~/Library/Preferences with your known good copy. 

Done. 

I work with Logic 10.4.8 for clicks and pyro triggers on a larg-ish show production, and one of the redundant machines randomly forgets its controller assignments every few months or so. After the second time, I just set aside the known-to-work control surface preference file, so I can replace it quickly as needed. 

• Like 6

Can I safely upgrade to this from 10.7.4 now and be sure my projects will run well? Did they do anything in regards to delay compensation? It seems to be working in mysterious ways. When I add a plugin with lots of lookahead (like FabFilter Pro-L) to the same track that I sidechain using a volume envelope in LFO Tool, the ducking will be off. This also happens if I move the LFO Tool to a new bus. HOWEVER, if I do the sidechaining on a new bus and route another track with 0 or a different amount of lookahead to said bus, most of the time it seems to be working.

Edited by linusminus
Clarification

4 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Yes however make sure you first back up Logic Pro 10.7.4 so that should your projects not play back as expected in 10.7.5 you can always open them up and finish producing them in 10.7.4. 

Great, thank you! Updates are always stressful when you rely on it for a living 😅

• Like 2

Sadly the problems with side chain inputs throwing off the timing of unrelated tracks they introduced in 10.6.2 is still a problem in 10.7.5. A little disappointing since, with the likely hundreds of programmer hours used to add all the cool new features in 10.7.5, they didn't see it fit to fix this issue introduced a year ago.

• Sad 1

On 11/5/2022 at 12:33 PM, amnestic said:

(Didn't want to create a new thread, since this seems to be related to this new update.)
Anyone else having the issue of the first instance of any plugin you load in appearing as a small window before the plugin fully loads?

I see this for a few seconds for every new plugin loaded

Happening to me as well. And my cursor keeps getting stuck on something other than the pointer.

1 hour ago, Sonic Deviant said:

Happening to me as well.

That's normal behaviour now (on Apple silicon Macs at least). Plugins are loaded in a separate process, and you see the small window after the plugin has loaded but before it's initialised. The plugin load time is not affected.

Edited by des99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, des99 said:

That's normal behaviour now (on Apple silicon Macs at least). Plugins are loaded in a separate process, and you see the small window after the plugin has loaded but before it's initialised. The plugin load time is not affected.

Thanks. Have you seen the cursor behavior I described? My cursor gets stuck on the fade cursor sometimes I suppose after passing over fade tool click zones. I end up adjusting things like pan knob moves with a fade cursor.

13 hours ago, des99 said:

Seeing this on Monterey on Intel as well. 

• Like 1

Just returning to Mac thanks to a lovely 16" macbook via the costco black friday offers.  And gotta say wow! how good is Logic now?   And the new macbooks - wow, the speakers, built-in mic, silent - honestly, I could be sat in a forest and making music for 10 hours with this hardware, it's just mind blowing.

Anyway, enough gushing... 🙂

I've been predominately using Cubase for past few years, which is all good on Windows machine, but on Mac i've found Logic 10.7.5 to be just incredible in comparison.  Just so fluid, HiDPI just seems to work out the box.  Not had to pay a penny for any updates since I last used it,  Love it.

The new MIDI FX option to play into the timeline is a really massive feature for me, i've noticed little issues like the smaller windows displaying when a plugin loads, but presumed there was some kind of bridging going on.

I've already made a lot of use of the individual pedalboards too - I love how everything is scaleable when you stretch it - how long have the Logic plugins been like this?  Track stacks have evolved brilliantly.  Can't even have basic folders in Cubase that also route audio - it's very cumbersome by comparison.

From my perspective, what a great update to jump in at!

• Like 7

On 12/5/2022 at 7:49 AM, skijumptoes said:

Just returning to Mac thanks to a lovely 16" macbook via the costco black friday offers.  And gotta say wow! how good is Logic now?   And the new macbooks - wow, the speakers, built-in mic, silent - honestly, I could be sat in a forest and making music for 10 hours with this hardware, it's just mind blowing.

Anyway, enough gushing... 🙂

I've been predominately using Cubase for past few years, which is all good on Windows machine, but on Mac i've found Logic 10.7.5 to be just incredible in comparison.  Just so fluid, HiDPI just seems to work out the box.  Not had to pay a penny for any updates since I last used it,  Love it.

The new MIDI FX option to play into the timeline is a really massive feature for me, i've noticed little issues like the smaller windows displaying when a plugin loads, but presumed there was some kind of bridging going on.

I've already made a lot of use of the individual pedalboards too - I love how everything is scaleable when you stretch it - how long have the Logic plugins been like this?  Track stacks have evolved brilliantly.  Can't even have basic folders in Cubase that also route audio - it's very cumbersome by comparison.

From my perspective, what a great update to jump in at!

I felt the same way 2 years ago with my M1 Air. It replaced an Intel Macbook Pro from 2009. After 2 years i am still smiling while using Logic. Sooooo fluid. 
Amazing features, lots of content. Apple’s pro apps are selling a lot of Macs. It is really easy to get used to good things. Logic on Apple Silicon is definitely not holding back my creativity. Switching from a regular drum designer patch to the track stacked version used to take my 2009 Mac about 15 seconds to load all samples. Now it is almost instant. No more freezing tracks. Just sheer power. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I can get used to this (although it's still visually jarring after months of having this Silicon MBP), but what really drives me nuts is that when the plugin window fully loads, it's way off-center on the screen.  😞

Edited by Brew.Drink.Repeat.