weird crossfade activity

bebenavole

Ok so you were in X-Fade mode in your original screenshot? I'm not sure how you got to that point exactly. 

In X-Fade mode the crossfades are on the region overlap, so they may appear to be at the very end of the left region or the very beginning of the right region depending on which region is selected/topped.

Note that no matter how crossfades appear, they sound the same either way (crossfading from the left region into the right region). 

Just now, bebenavole said:

No no I switched after you told me to 😄

They look the same to me. Before the xfade option and after. 

Oh ok got it. Then I'm not sure why you weren't able to draw your fades however you wanted earlier. Are you in 10.7.5? 

41 minutes ago, bebenavole said:

If I do it manually the fade looks ok.

So now it's working as expected? 

1 hour ago, David Nahmani said:

Oh ok got it. Then I'm not sure why you weren't able to draw your fades however you wanted earlier. Are you in 10.7.5? 

So now it's working as expected? 

Yeah but a ton of fades is needed for this project so I just apply fade to all regions and they turn out like this. In some places I get pops and clicks

• 2 months later...

i'm having a similar issue with crossfades recently, my drag mode is set to X-fade, and when i overlap the regions the crossfade starts at the beginning of the region on the right, but it doesn't stretch out the entire length of the overlap. 

feels like a glitch because this never happened before 10.7.5, but i did change a handful of things recently so i'm wondering if i changed something that would make my drag mode (X-fade) not act like i expect it to.  

in the picture below i placed the playhead on the point where i dragged the beginning region on the right so you can see where the region begins.  the crossfade should start where the playhead is and stretch out to the end of the left highlighted region, that would be the length of the overlap. 

xfade exp.jpg

Sometimes this happens when regions overlap as can clearly be seen in the screenshot from @gjstuckpig

It's kind of logical that the crossfade would happen around where the next region begins instead of where the previous region ends.

A crossfade is positioned where a new region starts, independent of any region overlaps. 

Note that with or without crossfades, when regions overlap, the right region plays. Meaning if you have region A from bar 1 to bar 5 and region B from bar 3 to bar 7 then region B is the one that starts playing at bar 3.