How do I un-fix velocity?!!

JoR
Go to solution Solved by JoR,

Hi!  I messed around with the fixed velocity section of midi events (in the region window) and now I can't undo it.  Every time I play my midi keyboard, the notes annoyingly all come out at the same velocity and it sounds unnatural and cold.  I've looked all through the functions-midi transform section and can't find anyway of un-fixing it (other than humanising the velocity, which is random and I don't want either).  I want to be able to play touch sensitively again.  Can anyone help?  Many thanks.

Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 10.23.15.png

• Solution

Thanks David.  I don't have a transformer and I wouldn't know whether my keyboard is actually set up to send notes to that velocity alone (in much older projects it didn't happen so I wouldn't think so). 

But, very strangely, I opened a new project yesterday and the velocity remained fixed.  Now I've opened a new project again and it's come unfixed.  So it seems for now to be resolved, at least in terms of future projects.  I'll copy and paste all tracks on to this new, working template. 

Thanks for taking the time to help out!

34 minutes ago, JoR said:

I checked that and neither are turned on (see in photo below - also note the flate fixed velocity line).

Just checking - you made sure to follow David's instructions and *had no regions selected* when looking at the region parameters? Because there is a region selected in your screenshot, so those parameters are for that region only, and not "MIDI Defaults"...

Hello des99, even with no regions selected I had the same parameters.  But now, with new projects, all seems well.  Thanks for your help!  If the issue returns then I'll send you my project David.

Thanks both of you for your quick responses, it's appreciated 🙂

• Like 2