Join Regions/Bounce to Audio not working

vincentzaalberg
Go to solution Solved by vincentzaalberg,

1 minute ago, David Nahmani said:

After a closer look it seems that the audio is getting desynchronized starting right after 53 3 3? 

Yes, there seems to be some snippet inserted (or rather duplicated) and from then on everything is shifted to the right by the length of that snippet

By the look of this little icon here image.png.b7536cf9ac80aba3415d420dc4bbbe98.png you seem to be inside a folder, so maybe that's part of the issue...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, polanoid said:

P.S. does anyone else find it annoying that the forum automatically joins consecutive posts by the same user? I don't like it very much actually...

Strangely enough it didn't join this last one!?

There seems to be some kind of timeout involved

Yes it merges concurrent posts within 5 minutes. I can make that time shorter however I think it's a great feature, for example if you forgot to say something it doesn't create a brand new post. 

I shortened the post-merging time to 2 minutes. 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, polanoid said:

I can definitely reproduce your issue if I am in a folder and there is another audio region playing back at the same time, through the same channel strip, one folder level higher. So maybe that's the case in your project as well? If so I'd recommend to not do things like that...

Okay well I have folders set up but there are no duplicate tracks playing one level higher. So even than the issue is apparently there. 

Sad to hear you can reproduce the issue. This is a big bummer for me as I use the region folders quite a lot for bigger projects (500+ tracks) and simply to separate the sketch, production and mix process in a single page each. Was hoping my session or track was simply corrupted or something. Hope Apple can fix this in future updates. 

• Solution

Hey guys, during the process of prepping a copy of this session for you to check without breaking NDA I seem to have found a silly crazy fix for the issue. In fact I cannot even recreate the issue now in the original project (see pic).
I copied over the project folder and pasted it as a copy, so I had my original project and the copy. In the copy I was deling regions and unused recordings that only the publisher is allowed to have. When I only had the regions in question left I bounced in place and joined audio regions only to find out it worked properly. Undoing deletion of other regions and then bouncing in place magically also worked properly. Here's the kicker: I opened my untouched original project and even there bouncing in place and joining regions works properly. If I hadn't send you the screenshot before I might have thought I'd gone crazy.
What a weird glitch. Ah well moving on, as you were 😉
I will leave the project here for a couple of days might you be interested anyway: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/069eTYNbAE1miB4OiLYvPdAgw#Bamboozled_3_copy

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 09.23.52.png

• Like 1