Where can I do Logic Pro X exam online?

rushella
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I am based in the UK and keen to complete the official Logic Pro X exam as I currently teach the basics via my website and youtube. www.rochellearthurs.com

My intention is to teach children and adults in deprived areas, Logic Pro X and think it would be beneficial to have the certification under my belt.

As Atlas007 mentioned, Apple does not have the certification program anymore, and also I think that it didn't necessarily prove someone's expertise in Logic. I have talked to some Apple certified persons which clearly had no business being around computers in general and Logic specifically.
Young adults in general don't care if you're 'certified' or not, if you're on their wavelength and have all your ducks in a row, you will get along fine.

• Like 2

As you mentioned, there are other sources to obtain some certification. But I don't know if those are recognized or of any real value.

Anyhow, don't hesitate to chime in if you have any question regarding Logic. There are quite a few Logic's experts attending this board regularly and they volunteer help for a very affordable fee (read free of charge). ;-)

LogicProHelp host, @David Nahmani has published a book that you could find very useful!

• Like 1

I agree with David as well. Like him I was certified trainer in logic till 2020, and master trainer in logic 9 as well. I got my train the trainer certification in London in 2012.

There is no official way to get certified in Logic anymore.
I used to train logic officially in Italy, in AATC, and now with the same method I'm training in classrooms and online. I'm giving a "Prosuono" certificate to my students, but nothing official.
Let's say that if you attend a former certified trainer class, for sure you will get a proper training method to teach as well. This doesn't mean you will be the best in using logic, but for sure one of the best for method to teach logic.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for the advice. Send me a link to your training please.

I learned everything so far by myself and using David's books over the years and then shared my knowledge on youtube and via my website.

I want to teach children and young adults in deprived areas around the world voluntarily  but need to refresh my skills, so will need to get David's latest book. 

• Like 2

Exams and diplomas in sound directing are usually issued by sound directing professional associations and major music academies.

/* A very close group actually. A person from the street who is not a professional musician cannot access knowledge. Connoisseurs often have very upright noses, all are ProToolers. Try to be different from the crowd, you will be completely ignored. That's the situation where I live.*/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, olavsu1 said:

Exams and diplomas in sound directing are usually issued by sound directing professional associations and major music academies.

/* A very close group actually. A person from the street who is not a professional musician cannot access knowledge. Connoisseurs often have very upright noses, all are ProToolers. Try to be different from the crowd, you will be completely ignored. That's the situation where I live.*/

Wow that is sad 

I will still offer my services for beginners, I have a Music Production qualification but wanted to get certified in Logic but to be fair I feel confident to teach Logic at beginner level.  These forums help and David's training materials

Here are too  courses to beginners. But these are like paid one day tours to the sound studio. 

I don't think it's possible to learn DAW in one day (10 academic hours, 175€).

For comparison, the state-funded Premiere course at a vocational school lasted one year. There we made educational videos about computer network administration. I finished this course with honors.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 12:28 AM, rushella said:

Thank you for your feedback.  It is much appreciated

Yep, as others have said, the Apple Logic Certification no longer exists sadly.

I took it about 4 years ago, just before it was discontinued, I have the certificate in a frame, and having it  makes a HUGE difference to students/teaching.Its a real shame that it no longer available. I intend taking the Avid Pro Tools one also.

There maybe somewhere that offers some kind of certificate.

In the meantime I would just study David's book (which is what was used for the certificate!)  and watch Music tech Help Guy's Logic Pro videos.

* I just checked your videos, AMAZING!!

Edited by kerochan
add
  • Like 1