Importing score setting into a logic template

LaurentF

Hello,
I fail importing the score settings of an existing project (A) into my template.
Process followed:
1) open template from Finder/.../Audio Music Apps/ Project Templates/ (NB: I have a midi region with some music notes)
2) File/project settings/ import project settings...
3) select the project A + import + choose an old alternative (where are the staff styles I want to import)
4) select Score Settings and Score sets + import
5) in my opened template, do not find my score sets in the Score editing window's inspector
Have a good day !
Laurent

Yes confirmed Bug in my opinion - but it is related to how the project with the alternatives was saved.  If you had the alternative saved and active before closing the project -  the one that you wanted to import in a later project -  then it would find the score set. so regardless of which alternative you pick for the import - only the one that was last saved in the source project will import. I did not have time to experiment with the other parameters other than to confirm you are correct and the workaround if it suffice.  

• Like 1

I thought you were right because indeed I chose an old alternative of the "project A"  I want the score sets to be copied to the template. So I re-opend the project A, made a little modification to be sure it is saved within the last alternative and imported the scores from that last alternative but it still does not copy the score sets.

On 11/10/2022 at 10:54 AM, LaurentF said:

I want the score sets to be copied to the template

Do you have instruments instantiation coherence ?

IOW, while importing a score set, doesn't it require the presence of same instruments instances (between the source and destination projects)?

9 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

IOW, while importing a score set, doesn't it require the presence of same instruments instances (between the source and destination projects)?

Thank you Atlas007 for your help. By instruments, do you mean that I should in my template have rigorously the same software instrument/plug in for the piano track (concerned by the score) than in the original project? It is the case. I even tried with the Boesendorfer Logic piano and with the Kontakt Noire plug in.

I have tested this in several ways, including using the File->project settings-> import settings and using File->import->Logic Projects.  I am getting varied results based on which procedure I use above and almost as though once you use once the other - then the other one breaks it.  I created 3 alternatives and added 3 unique score sets to each saving each one as I go. Then I loaded alternative 2 and saved it, then exited the project.   I then started a new project and did the File->project settings->import and I was able to import all three correctly in any order... Then I tried the other import File->import and it only imported the alternative 2 which was the default last save of the source project and was consistent for the rest. So something is definitely not right and it seems that the process depending on how you do it - is what breaks it from working correctly.  I am moving this thread to the bugs sections.

Edited by volovicg
  • Love 1