frustrated with Waves plugins

I was a fan in my teenage years, to which bands I may tell once we know each other a lot better...

I think the approach is wrong. It's not 'Who wants my money ?' or  'Who's a fanboi?'. It's more 'What do I want?', or, much better, 'What do I actually need, and will serve me in the future?', and then you look around if there's something that fits these needs so well it triggers a purchase. 

Copy protection and licensing will not go away unless the plugin is free, so better get used to it.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you find complicated about it??  From memory after you buy a plugin you just have to Install and Activate it and it will add the license automatically for you.  

I think the toughest choice would be deciding on the license location, but since I'm not mobile I just install it straight to my computer.

What am I missing??  Honest question.

yeah, it's the same from my memory too - I've been installing and running licensed software for YEARS, I've pretty much got the hang of it now!

However, I have 3 laptops, so I have to deactivate the license for it to work on another, their cloud comes into it (which I was reluctant to use), and now one laptop is retired, but seems to want to cling to it's license.  There's a 2nd license option which I took, but nothing seemed to work (or even make sense).  Felt like I spent an evening installing then, activating the de-activating, and re-installing to no avail.  I had a quick google, and after the Waves adverts, the first search result was   https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?t=220624 (not just me then). Let me know if you're bored yet.  Wave tech supp offered plenty of suggestions by email, eventually logging on to my Mac remotely, and taking quite a while to get results.

tl:dr "...the licence thing is odd, even their tech supp took a while to sort it, 

So which plugin company deserves my money now?"

This thread should have been more about recommendations for reputable plugin companies

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 16.55.23.png

Edited by Snickpan

This topic is not really relevant to this forum, but....

1.) Soundtoys 5 Bundle

2.) Izotope Bundle

3.) Slate Everything Bundle (subscription)

4.) Any SSL Branded plugins

Waves still has a couple of go-to plugins (mainly their API Bundle, and old Renaissance stuff...) And they are very competitive pricewise (especially right now over Thanksgiving) - I think that their copy protection is fairly straightforward....no more ILOK

Just my two cents.....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bradley Hagen said:

This topic is not really relevant to this forum, but....

1.) Soundtoys 5 Bundle

2.) Izotope Bundle

3.) Slate Everything Bundle (subscription)

4.) Any SSL Branded plugins

Waves still has a couple of go-to plugins (mainly their API Bundle, and old Renaissance stuff...) And they are very competitive pricewise (especially right now over Thanksgiving) - I think that their copy protection is fairly straightforward....no more ILOK

Just my two cents.....

thanks mate!