Send your "corrupted" preferences files

polanoid

1 minute ago, des99 said:

It was an example that shows that if Logic can't parse the pref file correctly (for whatever reason), it acts like one doesn't exist, and overwrites it with a new default set of pref... settings.

how does this correspond to a possible value change in the file? seems a catastrophic example, as opposed to something that might 'actually' happen.

(i AM asking, i want to understand the variables here)...

12 minutes ago, fisherking said:

how does this correspond to a possible value change in the file? seems a catastrophic example, as opposed to something that might 'actually' happen.

(i AM asking, i want to understand the variables here)...

Changes of values (putting incorrect values in plist also resulting in creating a new plist file) is not a corruption.

Plist is just a list of data that goes into logic for parsing. If there are values that Logic can't accept it return an error and it creates a new file. And this is corruption. Everything else is just change of preferences that can also be changed inside Logic settings.

Edited by Eon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, polanoid said:

Referring to a topic I started in the "Logic 10.7.5 is out" thread: I'm asserting there's no such thing as a "corrupted prefs file" that leads to strange behaviours in Logic. My claim: some combination of preferences from a perfectly fine prefs file causes - maybe unexpectedly - that behaviour. I'm really curious if anybody can prove me wrong by posting an actual corrupted prefs file (that is still read by Logic). So, let's see what you have 😉 !

Until then, keep in mind that "absence of proof is not a proof of absence"...

Edited by Atlas007
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, polanoid said:

The thing is, after the prefs are trashed, all chances to actually understand what was really going on are gone...

So maybe we can even use this thread to collect those prefs files (together with a description of what issues they caused) before deleting them

That is an excellent idea!