Strange Marquee Auto-punch behavior

pradoosa

On one computer with Logic 10.7.5 newly updated, If I make a 4 bar marquee selection on say bar 9 with the playhead on bar 7 and hit R, an auto-punch region will be created and will begin rolling from the playhead location. 

On my laptop with Logic 10.7.5 also newly installed and I do the same thing. Recording will begin on the auto-punch region but it will jump to bar 9 where the auto-punch section starts. If I stop and back the play-head up to bar 7 and hit R again, it will work as expected.

I can't find a setting that changes this behavior, any suggestions? Thanks!

EDIT: I think this is a bug because it started doing it on the macbook as well. But I opened 10.7.4 and it works as expected. 

Edited by pradoosa

7 hours ago, pradoosa said:

On one computer with Logic 10.7.5 newly updated, If I make a 4 bar marquee selection on say bar 9 with the playhead on bar 7 and hit R, an auto-punch region will be created and will begin rolling from the playhead location. 

On my laptop with Logic 10.7.5 also newly installed and I do the same thing. Recording will begin on the auto-punch region but it will jump to bar 9 where the auto-punch section starts. If I stop and back the play-head up to bar 7 and hit R again, it will work as expected.

I can't find a setting that changes this behavior, any suggestions? Thanks!

EDIT: I think this is a bug because it started doing it on the macbook as well. But I opened 10.7.4 and it works as expected. 

See here: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1